The Ampère e+ building is the new headquarters of Société Générale’s SOGEPROM, located in the heart of the business district of La Défense. The building, built in the 80s, has currently undergone a major and ambitious renovation after it was completely laid bare to maintain only the structure. It is from this basic structure that the architecture agency “Atelier 2/3/4” redefined not only the envelope of the building, but the concept in order to fit into a vision of current concerns. Ampère e+ is innovative, and fits perfectly into a dynamic of an urban context with ecological ambitions.
The project transformed the former Ampère building into 14,200 m² of connected offices with 1,200 m² of average surface area over 9 floors and external spaces at each level, accommodating a workforce of 1,299 people. It integrates many services for future users, starting with a car park of 200 places, 30 of them for electric vehicles on two levels of basement, a company restaurant, a cafeteria opened onto a landscaped garden, accessible terraces, a concierge, an accessible rooftop, etc.
The Ampère project will be a source of inspiration for all the stakeholders involved in the transformation of the business district of La Défense, a neighborhood that is constantly being redeveloped. SOGEPROM wanted to make it a showcase of its property policy by proposing technical innovations in energy and developing solutions for the well-being of its employees.
Office building with meeting rooms, a restaurant, shared spaces and outdoor spaces
Project Advisor: Lateral Thinking Factory Consulting (LTFc)
Project Engineer(s) & Contractor(s):
Structure: Scyna 4
Environment Consultant: Etamine
Landscaping: Faubourg 2/3/4/
Roads & main networks: Infra Services
Vinci Construction France
⁂ Enhance Air Quality and Indoor Climate
The matter of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) was of most interest even before the renovation work started, with the use, as of 2014, of a measurement device on the roof-terrace of the Ampère e+ building. An IAQ study has therefore been conducted for the upper part of the building, followed by one on the lower part, after the measurement device got relocated at ground floor in February 2015.
Improvement of IAQ with the \“qai3+\“ concept: the amount of renewed air is increased of 50% compared to Real Estate standards for office buildings and a reinforced air filtration system with active charcoal filters has been implemented.
BIOORG Bio-organisms cleaning and maintenance products: BioOrg places positive organisms in such environments, which automatically clean up the visible and invisible pollution. These organisms carry out their cleaning action not only in the easily accessible locations, but also in the remaining 80% of a building or installation. This ultra-modern treatment creates a new and healthy balance without the use of harsh chemical products, and has a curative and preventive effect. BioOrg gives people the environment they need: filled with clean air and pure water. The probiotics are effective at cleaning indoor spaces naturally.
In E +, the users are at the heart of the concerns: they have access to natural light, a fine air quality and the possibility to open windows to renew indoor air, to control and adjust the light intensities via Smartphones and tablets, etc. All this is made possible by the use of a dedicated digital application enabling all employees to optimize the comfort of their desk environment.
The building offers many advantages such as:
• More meeting rooms on all floors
• Relaxation areas for all users
• More natural light of pure chromatic quality
• Intelligent facades
• An improved outdoor landscape
The new building has been designed for future users, taking into account the need for well-being in the professional space. Thus, many arrangements have been developed. Two of them have a significant spatial impact:
– Small meeting rooms at all levels: they represent 8% of the office space, located in close proximity to vertical ducts or expectations in false ceiling, allowing the modularity of these spaces. Giving access to meeting rooms offers flexibility to open-space users, who can thus easily isolate themselves as required;
– Relaxation spaces at all levels: depending on the future occupants of all levels, these spaces can be occupied differently. Under the model of the tea lounge, these spaces will have pending expectations in water and electricity.
Other arrangements have been made to improve the comfort of future users in the Ampère building, from the largest to the smallest, here are some of them:
– A design that brings natural light in: natural light is a fundamental principle for well-being, and as a result, all rooms have access to natural light. This was made possible by studies on the luminosity of the building, and a work on the structure, carried out to bring natural light to the level of the garden (in the meeting rooms) through the implementation of patios. In addition, glass windows located in the upper floor of the entrance hall of the building allow the transmission of natural light;
– Active glazed partitions: this technology is programmed on the partitions of some meeting rooms overlooking corridors in order to isolate the space when needed. The active glazed is implemented by the Magic Film Opacifiant, a specific film dedicated to the opacification of glazed surfaces that are sticking to them, the meeting rooms can become isolated spaces by a simple control on switch.
– Protections against the sun: the solar occultation occurs at several scales and levels in the building. First, fixed sun breezes in vertical screen-printed glass slides are arranged perpendicularly to the facade, protecting the users of the sun. In addition, motorized Venetian interior blinds have been installed to control the luminous ambiance of the interior spaces.